Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Bit Better Again

Ok. I'm a bit better again.

Well physically I feel slightly sick but my mood is better. Now I feel just ashamed that I collapsed like that. I talked with H and she said "you know that I really, really care about you". I could just answer that in a way I don't have a clue what that means. I see people acting differently than what I suppose they would act if they would mean what they say. Its almost like in every friendship there's a cumulating sum of negative evidences (evidence of them not liking me) which at some point will over-ride anything they have said.

I start to feel qualified to write a guide "how to speak with depressed person". I think worst mistake what people do is trying to give solutions to depressed person's problems. However depressed ones are not stupid. Its not like they don't know how to cheer up - they are depressed because they cant use them. If you want to help, make sure that two things that depressed one will get from your talk is A) you care and B) its ok to talk to you. That someone will even listen is comforting already. I think many people mean just good but they forgot both of those. Result is that they end up more like arguing with depressed person - trying to force depressed one to take solutions they think are best.

I guess I could write really long one about this but I'm feeling a bit too tired now. I need something to eat and then maybe a bit rest.