Tuesday, March 22, 2005

One Failed Deadline More

I feel stupid... Today I started working again on my seminar paper simply because I thought deadline would have been later today. Then I checked deadline from courses webpage and it was yesterday already!

I thought I'll just quick scrap something together and send it before I fail the course right away. I got something close to decent ready and I was sending when I decided to check requirements for this submission again. I have skipped all references (there's probably 40 references so it speeded up writing nicely) and then the requirements say that references are main point in this submission. So I just really quickly wrote all the references. Next my spell checker refuses to check Finnish. Then right before submitting that paper I read submitting instructions and there was line "smart student wont leave this to last moment :-)".

Well cant help. I'm happy if I pass the course. Couldn't care less what kind of grading I get.

I got informed about my "dream" job yesterday. Mobilephone software developer trainee position in top company. Position wont be announced publicly so there will be only handful of applicants. I got someone who recommends me in that company and very suitable education and experience. If nothing else that position will look great in work history in CV. They also use lots of graduation works and it would be quite likely that I could do my graduation work there with full salary.

So in a way: could be better opportunity.

I was really happy half of yesterday. Then I started to doubt if I can handle work. I'm really struggling to study... Working 8 hours per day isn't necessarily any easier. And you can always drop studies. You can always miss deadline at university and just fail the course. Work isn't same. What if I collapse during week? There's no hiding it anymore then. Someone will always require know why you don't arrive at work or get your work done.

Am I really able to work currently?