Monday, April 18, 2005

Mood Phases

I'm restless again. I feel actually scared. Feels like I'm getting depressed soon again and I don't know if I would want it to come as quickly as possible to end this uneasy feeling.

In this kind of feeling I just gradually get worse. I lose ability to reject all the negative feelings I get along the day. When I'm in good mood I can take it if someone doesn't want to talk with me. In this state, I try to take it but I actually gradually just get worse. And when the anxiety really kicks in, I get depressed or desperate.

I think my moods goes something like this:
  1. happy
  2. nervous
  3. anxious
  4. depressed
  5. self-harming
  6. self-shaming
  7. void
First I'm happy. Then I get feeling that I'm going to get depressed again - or I get exhausted being happy. I get nervous. Its just like waiting when enough negative things have accumulated to bring me down. Its a state where I should try to get back up because its still possible. However it seems that I'm almost always unable to do it. I'm also pretty unable to get help in that state. I'm just kind of waiting for a miracle that someone would come and cheer me up. Not very big chance.

Then anxiety comes. Its maybe the hardest part. I hurts most. This is when I tend to have breathing trouble and panic disorder -like things. Then when anxiety starts to go over, I'm depressed. I'm just down there somewhere but I don't feel that anxious anymore. This is the flegmatic phase where nothing seems interesting anymore.

Depression leads (not always though) to self-harming. After a while when nothing is interesting, nothing means anything anymore, I need to get some reaction. I need to feel something. I don't want to feel nothing. Pain is better than that.

Self-harming is something I haven't still done yet properly. I just feel urge to do it. I get fascinated by knives and see images in my mind how they would easily cut my skin and make me finally feel something. Then when it turns to shame. I feel ashamed, and I, instead of harming myself, seem to want to punish myself in that way. I guess I feel ashamed of thinking and wanting to hurt myself. I feel worthless and inferior.

I don't know if I'm really punishing myself or rewarding - I cope this phase extremely sexually. Or maybe I'm using sexuality to get success in something. I guess this phase can be quite confusing to people around me since I'm really begging and craving for embarrassment and humiliation in sexual context. I have done weird things in my life during this phase. In this phase I'm also craving for attention - in sexual manner and non sexual. Not getting attention can easily bring me down.

After that goes over I usually feel void. Not depressed. Not flegmatic. Just void. I guess its state after flushing lots of bad from my mind and coping it in very exhausting and socially dangerous way. Risking a lot to seemingly gain nothing.

From void there's somewhat easy way to up or back down.