Monday, November 15, 2004

More Bisexuality

Some things I thought after writing that last post... I don’t really find all butchy lesbians attractive. I like it when a person has openly feminine and masculine side. I guess the thing I’m looking for is androgyny.

I came out of the closet a bit over year ago. After that I have gotten myself into arguments about it. Some people think its great that I have told about it to my parents and friends – some think its somehow bad to ‘manifest’ sexuality (as they think that heteros don’t do it). Its kind of funny that if a hetero guy drools after a girl, its not considered as manifesting heterosexuality, but if I do that people around seem to think ‘why does she keep advertising her bisexuality’.

About that “coming out of the closet” - my family and friends are quite open-minded. It wasn’t that dramatic as it sounds. I was a bit scared to say it though. With friends I just said that I’m interested in girls too in a party and everyone just looked at me with kind of “So what?” –look in their faces. Its sometimes funny to notice how differently they take it. I need to time to time remind some of them that I still like boys too – and some that I seriously like girls. Telling parents was a bit more awkward. Sex is pretty common thing to chat and joke in parties with friends but it almost never comes up when talking with parents. It felt really hard to just start talking about it after talking about completely different things. I noted them that I might have a girlfriend instead of boyfriend in future. They did give me some surprised stares but said its ok as long as I take her with to all family things (we use to have big family meetings/parties where every one takes their partners and closest friends).

Now I don’t want to sound too brave – like I said they are open-minded. My god-father is a gay. He has been long time and still stayed as a close family friend. I knew already that my parents do accept homosexuality. So thinking about it afterwards coming out didn’t really seem a big thing to do. However if you have read through the blog you already prolly have noticed that what others think about me is the most important thing for me. Some things like this can be extremely hard in advance because of my own fears and paranoidia. Afterwards I usually notice that it was nothing.