Monday, June 06, 2005

Back From Italy

I'm back from Italy.

I really had good time there. Nothing special happened. Just lots of new things to see and good food. I visited 5 towns including Verona in one week. I saw that disappointing balcony of Julia & Romeo and other tourist attractions.

What I liked most was those cute cafeterias and restaurants, great food and cheap drinks - just relaxed atmosphere. I slept more than I have slept for ages. I had 8-9 hours sleep during night and 1-2 hour long siestas. :)

I feel pretty good now. I feel somehow more calm and confident. I actually realize now that I was looking forward to get tiny holiday romance but nothing like that happened either. But oh dear I did fantasize about it.

I was there with S. (I don't think I have mentioned her before...) We are kind of childhood friends, though we haven't been that much in contact lately. Actually whole idea of traveling started as a joke, but when this particular trip came to discount list at traveling agencies web site we just booked it without much thinking.

It wasn't that bad at all. I was a bit afraid how we would get along whole week but I guess we had enough activity during the week. I have to admit though that I was pretty glad to be alone whole Sunday. Sharing a room with someone is quite bothersome when you aren't used to have that person around all the time.

Oh yes.. Funny thing: I didn't watch TV for a week, I didn't listen radio for a week, I hardly even saw a computer out there. I did have my mobile phone with me but I used it only as an alarm clock and I kept it turned off in hotel room during days. Really, really nice difference from everyday life.

Somehow I seem to have hectic time now. I think I need to start make posting from work during lunch break...